Sherlock Consulting is a small company of consultants for the IT industry.
Unusually for this industry, we have consistently delivered on time, and within budget
for all projects undertaken to date. All our staff are educated to degree level.
Our previous developments have been centred around two areas:
- the development of Embedded Firmware for a host of hardware platforms and chipsets, and
- device drivers, system maintenance, upgrades
and support for Unix systems - especially Sun's Solaris.
Some further details of these areas are given below, followed by contact information.
Previous developments have resulted in a collection of useful
utilities which we are now pleased to release as freeware.
For Unix work, please contact the company at the address and phone number given at the bottom of this page to discuss your requirements.
The embedded developments we have been involved with have covered a wide range of hardware and software platforms, some of which are listed below. As there is such a plethora of platforms and environments with which to work with we appreciate that customers usually list their chosen hardware and development environments and try to find an exact match with resumes and CVs on offer, often with little success. For this reason, we can offer to potential customers short-duration "trial periods" at reduced cost for jobs in which we see the potential to impress, given the opportunity.
Any considered. Previous locations include the UK, USA, and Australia.
French, German and Italian languages (to various levels) available.
Durations of any length considered. Trial period and staged-payment (including on-delivery) entertained.
Experience (last 3 years only)
- Low-level languages: QT Engine (AOX/Endpoints) USB-tuned assembler, NEC mPD78C14 (µCOM-87AD), µPD75XL3017 (75XL), µPD784031 (K4), µPD789026, µPD780058 (K0) assembler, 8051 [& 8031, Dallas 80C320, Cypress EzUSB] Keil assembler, 8086, 80x86 assembler, MASM v6.1a, 6502 assembler, Z80, 8080 assembler, Arizona Microchip PIC16 series, PIC17 series, MPASM, Toshiba TLCS-870 and TLCS-900 core assemblers, Hitachi H8S/2000 and H8/300L series assemblers
- High-level languages: Borland Delphi, Visual Basic, Visual C++
- Hybrid languages ('C'): Microsoft v8, TopSpeed v3.10, GNU, IAR (various targets), Keil v3.40, Toshiba 870 (C-like) & 900, Hitachi H8, Psion 'C' SDK CLIB, PLIB, HWIF for EPOC-16
- Communications: USB 1.1 (to Standard Device Request level), PSTN, private wire, [use of] GSM/PCN digital cellular, low-power VHF & UHF radio media, Profibus, Gould/Modicon Modbus, Local Bus, System 2000 ELB, X25, V24/EIA232, and V22bis, V23, & V21 modulation protocols
- Hardware (standard): IBM PC, Psion 3, 3a, 3c, Workabout
- Operating systems: Use of MS Windows 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 et al., with some programming, Programming of PC/MS-DOS, CP/M-80, Programming of Psion EPOC-16, Programming of UNIX Korn, Bourne and C shells, Use of [Debian] Linux, Solaris 2.5 UNIX variants, Use of VAX/VMS, ICL VME, SCL
- Methodologies: Z, Yourdon (Select CASE tools)